[cross-posted from The Bookshelf]
Now the initial enthusiasm has worn off, and you’ve probably read a few titles. What now?
Well, if you’re visiting the Library website, you’ve probably discovered our Digital Media collection, featuring ebooks, downloadable audiobooks, and streaming media all accessible with your library card. We’ve since added a ePub – a new format specifically designed for ebook readers.
ePub has recently emerged as the new industry standard over the previous PDF. It is compatible with every major ebook reader, except the Kindle. We’ll start to see more of these added to our digital collection as the year continues.
A few highlights among this collection:
- The mammoth Sookie Stackhouse Collection, featuring the first 8 books in the Southern Vampire Series
- Lorrie Moore’s A Gate at the Stairs, my current pick to take the Tournament of Books crown
- Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell’s latest foray into explaining How The World Works
- The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown’s continuing adventures of symbologist Robert Langdon
- Andre Agassi’s tennis tell-all, Open
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Visit our Digital Media catalog for the full list of ePub titles.
What other ebooks would you like us to add to our collection?Posted by Toby | Posted under Books